Lots of food, many s'mores (although I prefer the chocolate and graham crackers without the marshmallows...I don't know if that changes its name?), baby smiles from the one baby that joined us :), good coffee, team activities, and wonderful prayer, preaching, and testimonies.
Our leaders have always been blessed by God to come up with great themes and related activities! This year's theme was "My King--His Kingdom." We talked about what it meant to be a part of God's kingdom, and we discussed how we so often try to make our own kingdoms work.
Our theme verse was Matthew 6:33 ~
"But seek first the kingdom of God
and his righteousness,
and all these things will be added to you." (ESV)
It was a good reminder for me in light of what I've been dealing with lately. My focus needs to be on seeking God. And as I am seeking God, He is working on my situation. He will reveal what I need to know when I need to know it!
Praise God for retreats, for gentle rebuke and encouragement, for good fellowship and friends, and for not too much rain. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment