Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Red Represents Love

My friend Morgan, an artist and lover of color :), is doing a little fun summer blogging over at auntmorgan.wordpress.com.


I had thought about joining in with a “Fun Stuff Wednesday” here and there…but then another idea began forming.

I am part of a young lady’s prayer group, and we had a “get-together” a few months ago. Some of my favoritist people made it a fascinating theme of color: did you know that colors and character qualities have a connection? I do because I have a pretty amazing sister who was part of the planning committee. :) As a side note, the said favoritist people hand-picked for me the color purple for the night (not that it’s my favorite or anything)--purple happens to represent wisdom…something that God has been pointing out to me for the last few months.


But since it looks like purple is on the far end of Morgan’s color spectrum, that was just to whet your appetite. Because, Lord willing, I plan to blog following Morgan’s color scheme, using the character qualities from my prayer group party.


Right now, the color to see is red. And guess what red is connected to?


Love.


Of course. :) First Corinthians 13. I John. John 3:16. The Greatest Commandment. To love God is to obey God. Love means sacrifice.


What comes to your mind when you think of love?



I plan to write about love later this week, but for now here are snippets to meditate on…


Oh, the love that drew salvation’s plan! Oh, the grace that brought it down to man! Oh, the mighty gulf that God did span at Calvary!

 
We are a moment, You are forever, Lord of the ages, God before time. We are a vapor, You are eternal, Love everlasting, reigning on high.

 
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.


 
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”

I love Thee because Thou has first loved me, And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree. I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow; If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.



O love of God, how rich and pure! How measureless and strong! It shall forever more endure—the saints’ and angels’ song!

O Jesus, I will hide in You, My place of peace and solace; No trial is deeper than Your love That comforts all my sorrows.

 
“By this we know love, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.”


Perfect submission, all is at rest I in my Savior am happy and blest, Watching and waiting, looking above, Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

 
May the love of Jesus fill me As the waters fill the sea
Him exalting, self abasing This is victory.

 
“Whoever has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

Here is love, vast as the ocean,
Lovingkindness as the flood,
When the Prince of Life, our Ransom,
Shed for us His precious blood…
Let me all Thy love accepting,
Love Thee, ever all my days;
Let me seek Thy kingdom only
And my life be to Thy praise.

 
O Lord, I trust Your love; I feel its warm and changeless glow; My life or death shall only prove Its everlasting flow.


 
I will glory in my Redeemer My life He bought,
my love He owns
I have no longings for another
I’m satisfied in Him alone.

 
“We love because
He first loved us.”


2 comments:

  1. Great Laura! Thanks so much for joining in! It'll be so fun reading yours every week too! :)

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post! (And not just because you complimented me. :)

    ReplyDelete