Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Friday, September 9, 2011

White: Purity

I'm sure you're surprised. :)

I had known the Bible talked a lot about purity, but I have to admit my e-sword search results were a little different than I thought--the topics were very diverse.

The Bible speaks of...

purity of ministry

"We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, ... by purity, ... the Holy Spirit, genuine love; by truthful speech, and the power of God..."
{II Corinthians 6:3-7}


the Word of God

"The words of the LORD are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times..."
{Psalm 12:6}


my heart

"So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart."
{II Timothy 2:22}


human sinful nature

"Who can say, 'I have made my heart pure; I am clean from my sin'?"
{Proverbs 20:9}


God's work in human hearts

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word."
{Psalm 119:9}


my life's aim

"And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."
{Philippians 1:9-11}


a woman's characteristic

"...train the young women ... to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind..."
{Titus 2:5} 


my thought life

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."
{Philippians 4:8}


God's wisdom

"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere."
{James 3:17}


responding in hope

"And everyone who thus hopes in Him purifies himself as He is pure."
{I John 3:3}
all ESV





No comments:

Post a Comment