Sunday, September 11, 2011
Remembering
It's been 10 years. Pre-9-11 I lived in an innocent, okay world. Yes, I knew there was sin and evil, but it had never affected me big time before. And even 9-11 was not "personal"--I didn't know anyone remotely close to the attacks.
But a lot of things changed. I've realized how much evil and sin is out there. But I also know how much God works. He is sovereign. Our little finite minds can't really grasp that--but God is in charge, He hates sin, and yet He uses it to bring Himself glory.
I know a lot of good things happened post-9-11. Missionaries were able to go places and reach people they formerly couldn't. And maybe it's just me, but I think God was reminding us He is still working. The 10-year anniversary is on a Sunday--maybe that won't necessarily make people stop and think...but I do know that God plans details.
In the nitty-gritty, it's hard to remember, but we must never allow ourselves to forget: God is at work all the time. Trust Him, rest in Him, love Him, serve Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment