When my betta fish died about a month ago, at first I thought I'd take a break from the fish thing.
BUT...I missed my little fishy.
AND...I decided to "upgrade." ;)
A friend from work sold me a fish tank. Originally, I thought I'd go with 10-gallon. But when she brought it for me to look at, I realized how small it seemed. No problem--she had a 20-gallon tank (neither of which she needs, as her fish live in a 150-gallon tank. Maybe someday. ;) I was very excited not to end up with a rectangle box but a "stylish" half-moon-shaped tank!
My dad got excited about my fish tank, and asked if he could buy a couple fish to put in it. :) We had to wait for a day when we both could go "fishing" as he liked to say! When that day finally came, it ended up being a tank-set-up day rather than a fishing trip, because we realized we didn't have a table strong enough to hold the tank. And I had to set up the tank and let the filtration system run for at least 24 hours before putting fish in. So at least we found a nice aquarium stand and set that up, and then I put together my fish home and got everything running.
Things were starting to get exciting. :) I was able to go back to the pet store 2 days later, and get the first catch of fish that Dad and I picked out.
First, though, the last minute touches--I was excited to find frog and turtle decorations to put in my tank. It's the simple things. :)
The fish first have to acclimate to the water temperature in the tank to avoid shock or something like that. (There's really only 1 red fish...it's a reflection; there's a total of 4 fish. The black and black/white ones are Dad's and the other two are mine!)
Sigh. It's so much fun. I'm actually not a huge "animal-lover" but I very much enjoy my fishy-friends!






No comments:
Post a Comment