"When wanting
to
cling to wrongs done against me,
I must die."
God is a God of
justice. Sin is and will be punished. One day every person will stand before an
almighty, holy God and give account of himself.
In the meantime, the
world is rarely fair--quite honestly, justice is not always served on earth. However, we need to
remember that
"no creature is hidden from His sight,
but all are naked and
exposed to the eyes of Him
to whom we must give account"
{Hebrews 4:13}
and also
"for this light momentary affliction is
preparing for us an
eternal weight of glory
beyond all comparison."
{II Corinthians 4:17}
God is sovereign and
wise, and He is working all things for His glory and for our good (see Romans 8:28).
Have you ever prayed
for justice in a personal situation? Who would have benefitted most--you or the
other person? It's come up a few times lately in my ladies' Sunday school
class, how quickly we pray for mercy for ourselves but justice to others.
It's hard to stand
back and watch people seemingly getting away with wrong. It's hard to be in
pain. But we must die to the fleshly reactions--anger, bitterness, resentment,
unforgiveness--and rather put on Spirit-controlled reactions--forgiveness,
submission to God's will, trust, love.
I have thought
before "but if I let go, then they'll get away with it!" How foolish
is that. As if I hated sin more than God does. And praise God He also has more
mercy than I do!


No comments:
Post a Comment