Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Monday, September 10, 2012

What the Gospel Means

The Gospel of Jesus Christ means a great many things. I've been dwelling on this particular thread of thought, especially in relation to blog posts, for the past few weeks. What does the Gospel mean to you? How is it manifested in your life?
 
Because...the Gospel should be my life. Jesus gave all for me...therefore, I am not my own.
 
Time, money, energy, pursuits, ministry, relationships, thought, actions, words--everything I am and have owes so much to the One who saved me.
 
The original context of this passage is very specific, but it stands true of all of life.

"Or do you not know that your body is a
temple of the Holy Spirit within you,
whom you have from God?
You are not your own,
for you were
bought with a price.
So glorify God in your body."  
{I Corinthians 6:19-20}
 
 
Too often I act like I am my own. May I daily remind myself that I am not!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment