Sunday, September 30, 2012
Baptism: A Testimony of God's Power
My church had a baptism service this evening. I always come away so encouraged by God's work of transformation in different lives as they share their testimonies.
This time I watched two my my jr. camp girls get baptized. A 6-year old. A mother of a 16-year old. High school students. No one is out of God's reach!
Sometimes I hear about people who professed Christianity but walked away from God. Or even Christians who are making foolish decisions...My heart wants to break and I feel discouraged. Heaven looks amazing, with its perfection and holiness!
But baptisms are refeshing. They remind me that the same power the draws a heart initially to Christ is the same power that works after salvation unto sanctification.
God is still God, and He is not limited to time. His power never ends or weakens. I've prayed for many people's salvation since I was a little girl, and I'm still praying. I'm praying for people who professed salvation but don't show the fruit.
The wait is hard, and God does not guarantee us the answers we pray for--I know people have passed away without accepting the salvation I'd prayed they would understand. I've watched people make years of foolish decisions. And yet, as long as there is life, there is hope, and I am reminded to keep praying and leave the results in God's hands!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment