Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Etched on my mind...


As I was running errands this morning, I had my "So High the Price" CD playing. I was singing along to one of my favorites, "The Look," when I had to stop and catch my breath. I know I've quoted part of this song on my blog before...but I looked at it anew this morning.

...With pleasing grief and mournful joy
my spirit now is filled,
That I should such a life destroy,
yet live by Him I killed.
 
Forever etched upon my mind
is the look of Him who died,
The Lamb I crucified...
 
{"The Look" by John Newton and Bob Kauflin}
 
I had to ask myself, What is etched upon my mind? Is it the cross? Is it the agonizing sacrifice Jesus made? Everytime I'm tempted to sin, do I remind myself that Jesus died because of this?


 
No, the cross is not etched upon my mind.
 
But I want it to be.
 
How about you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment