I wonder as I wander out under the sky
How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
For poor on'ry people like you and like I;
I wonder as I wander out under the sky.
How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
For poor on'ry people like you and like I;
I wonder as I wander out under the sky.
When Mary birthed Jesus
'twas in a cow's stall
With wise men and farmers
With wise men and farmers
and shepherds and all
But high from God's heaven,
But high from God's heaven,
a star's light did fall
And the promise of ages
And the promise of ages
it then did recall.
If Jesus had wanted
for any wee thing
A star in the sky or
A star in the sky or
a bird on the wing
Or all of God's Angels
Or all of God's Angels
in heaven to sing
He surely could have it,
He surely could have it,
'cause he was the King.
I wonder as I wander out under the sky
How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
For poor on'ry people like you and like I;
I wonder as I wander
How Jesus the Saviour did come for to die
For poor on'ry people like you and like I;
I wonder as I wander
out under the sky.
{John Jacob Niles}
"When I look at Your heavens,
the work of Your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which You have set in place,
[I wonder...]
what is man that You are mindful of him,
and the son of man that You care for him?"
{Psalm 8:3-4}
"For God so loved the world,
that He gave His only Son,
that whoever believes in Him
should not perish but have eternal life."
{John 3:16}
"Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!"
{II Corinthians 9:15}
different context...
same great thought :)


No comments:
Post a Comment