But in the midst of change, I have
stability.
"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold and my refuge, my savior"
(II Samuel 22:2-3).
Life changes...work schedules change (for the better, I might add :) ).
But in the midst of change, I have
a faithful God.
"'For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but My steadfast love shall not depart from you, and My covenant of peace shall not be removed,' says the LORD,
who has compassion on you"
(Isaiah 54:10).
Life changes...human relationships wobble and fail.
But in the midst of change, I have
the promise of His Presence.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you"
(Deuteronomy 31:6).
Life changes...listening to amazing salvation testimonies because of God's life-changing grace (our church held a baptism a few weeks ago. Always encouraging!).
And in the midst of change,
we are reminded of God's eternal plan.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ,
he is a new creation. The old has
passed away; behold, the new
has come. All this is from God, who through
Christ reconciled us to Himself and gave us
the ministry of reconciliation; that is,
in Christ God was reconciling the world
to Himself, not counting their trespasses
against them, and entrusting to us the message
of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors
for Christ, God making His appeal through us.
We implore you on behalf of Christ,
be reconciled to God.
For our sake He made Him to be sin
who knew no sin, so that in Him
we might become
the righteousness of God"
(II Corinthians 5:17-21, all verses ESV).


No comments:
Post a Comment