Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Friday, January 7, 2011

The First Read of 2011

The other day, I was looking for a book to read, and my mom suggested "The Cross-Centered Life" by CJ Mahaney. He discusses obstacles to keeping your life cross-focused, and practical suggestions on how to actually have a cross-centered day. I can put this book down--but only because I have to in order to think through what I just read. I've been challenged...and I'm not done yet.

" "I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, ' Paul wrote. 'For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins' (I Corinthians 15: 1, 3).

First importance. The bible tells us that, while there are many different callings and many possible areas of service int he kingdom of God, one transcendent truth should define our lives. One simple truth should motivate our work and affect every part of who we are.

Christ died for our sins."
~"The Cross-Centered Life: Keeping the Gospel the Main Thing" by C.J. Mahaney, page 20

No comments:

Post a Comment