Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mary's Attitude

Christmas is over, but I still find myself thinking about Mary. Mary was a sinful human being like you and me, but certainly she was very devoted to God—not perfect yet with a heart facing God in faith and humility.

“And Mary said, "Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word" (Luke 1:38, ESV).

Mary did not question. I’m sure she couldn’t fathom the depth of what she was agreeing to, but I’m sure there were various emotions coursing through her. She was going to have a baby! But that wasn’t supposed to happen yet…what would people say—or do?

But Mary said “Yes—let it be.” Mary’s entire life was changing but she submitted humbly.

When hard things come into my life, I’m not always so willing. Instead of “Yes, Lord,” I whine and complain. I want something else. But Mary acknowledged her place as a servant—and a servant says yes to her Master…no matter what He asks.


No comments:

Post a Comment