I always liked to hear the stories—and of course, Mom told the Gospel story often. But it was just a story to me, until one night when I was almost 6 years old. I went to bed that night after having our devotions, and I remember realizing that Jesus died on the cross because I was a sinner and needed to be saved.“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16, NKJ).
One of the rules in our house was that you never got out of bed after bedtime, but I thought Mom would be okay with it this one time, and so I got up and talked with her and I prayed that night, confessing to Jesus my sin and asking Him into my life.
It was around the age of 13 that I realized that being a Christian is not just going to church or even enjoying going to church, but it was about a relationship with Jesus Christ. “And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent” (John 17:3). It’s been a growing relationship ever since—not because God changes, but because I am changing. God is refining my heart and making me more like Jesus Christ. God’s grace abounds in my life every day!
“For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works” (Titus 2:11-14).



I remember that night. :) Being so much older and more mature than you at 10 years old :D, I was still up - Mom came out to the living room and told me she thought you were doing some thinking about things and I should pray for you. :)
ReplyDelete