Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Moments...part 2


I remember the moment my grad school emailed me and said I have enough credits to graduate, and even though they're not the right credits (the specific classes I had left), the school will count them toward graduation. 

It was a moment when I realized I was done with lecture classes. The moment when I realized the only thing left was my overseas internship! 

It was a moment of looking back at the struggle of the past three years--and feeling oh-so-convicted yet held in a loving embrace. It was a moment when my cry of "how long, O Lord" turned to "woe is me, for I have unclean lips." Unclean heart, unclean thoughts, unclean motives, unclean everything.  

And yet...I stand totally cleansed. Sanctified, and yet still being sanctified. Oh, the tension of a being a sinner-saved-by-grace, awaiting the hope of heaven, and yet pursuing my Savior while in this body of flesh. 
 
 

I can still remember the shock of receiving that email back in May. I had bemoaned the fact that there were no classes for me to take again this fall, and decided to email them and ask if they had any sort of idea when I might graduate. Knowing would help...even if it still was going to be a couple years down the road. Who stands at the end of three years of grad school, still not having a clue as to when they'll graduate?? 

I didn't expect sympathy. Or compassion. Or "well, hey, if we just look at the number of credits, you're basically done. So we'll count you basically done." I went from not even a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel to practically being blinded by the light--all in one quick email. 

When God says "enough is enough"...it is over. Done with. 

My awe grew with every reading of that email. Believe me, I didn't read it just once and fully understand what he told me. It was too good to be true...and yet it was. It is.  

In this moment, I stand thankful for God's grace and mercy. For His timing. For His care and compassion for His children. 

I also am attempting to save for and plan this internship. Neither being an easy task at this point...but God has so wondrously proven His faithfulness, has He not? I can expect no less for the future! 

"Incline Your ear, O Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
Be gracious to me, O Lord, for to You do I cry all the time.
Gladden the soul of Your servant,
For to You, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
Listen to my plea for grace.
I give thanks to You, O Lord my God,
With my whole heart,
And I will glorify Your name forever.
For great is Your steadfast love toward me…"
~Psalm 86~

No comments:

Post a Comment