Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

::Thankful Some More::

On Monday, my twins each gave me a "Happy Thanksgiving hug" as they said bye-bye. Those are the kind of moments where nothing else matters! :)



It's a reminder to me...

It was about this time last year--October and November--that I was really struggling. God didn't seem to be doing anything.


Be gracious to me, O LORD,
for I am languishing; heal me, O LORD,
for my bones are troubled.
My soul also is greatly troubled.
But you, O LORD--how long?
{Psalm 6:2-3}
How long? It wasn't just about my occupation at the time--although, true, the prior months had held many of those "not-so-good-memories" times. There was a lot of things going on. But this one seemed the most obvious.

But even if God didn't seem to be doing anything, He was not silent.

Trust Me, He saidLove Me. Serve Me. Glorify Me. Delight in Me. Worship Me. Hold Me high above all else in your life--dreams, desires, plans, people, activities, ministries, expectations...

Do I still ask "how long" about some things? Yes.

But my two little Thanksgiving hugs remind me that time ends. Nothing in time is eternal. Even if something continues for the rest of earthly life, it's still not forever.

It also reminds me that someday a harvest of tears will be reap another bounty.


The LORD has done great things for us;
we are glad.
Restore our fortunes, O LORD,
like streams in the Negeb!
Those who sow in tears
shall reap with shouts of joy!
He who goes out weeping,
bearing the seed for sowing,
shall come home with
shouts of joy,
bringing his sheaves with him.
{Psalm 126 3-6}



So today I am thankful.
~Thankful for the four little arms encircling my neck.
~Thankful for the reminder those two cute little voices are.

The weeping is hard. Painful. But it is not forever; rather, it is "preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison." {2 Corinthians 4:17}

No comments:

Post a Comment