Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Friday, October 12, 2012

::Life::


A few weeks ago I said that sometimes life bleeds…sometimes it continues to bleed. Sometimes it doesn’t seem like it will stop.

We’ve been dealing with family stuff for awhile. Both my parents are dealing with rather big medical stuff. A friend moves. Ministry opportunities change and end. Schedules change. And there’s still school (J). And sometimes all that happens all at once.

But my God who rules and reigns knows every detail and has a plan for it all. I trust Him…but that’s a moment-by-moment decision. I let my guard down—and the thoughts wander and wonder. I’m excited for the other end of all this but in the mean time there is a long, rough journey to persevere.

As I was considering the theme for the month of October (which we are almost halfway into, can you believe it?), I decided there were so many directions I could go that this is going to be a theme-less blog month. A patchwork of posts—a variance of subjects that nevertheless point to the awesome God who saved me. Since I someday hope to make a quilt, I thought it would be enjoyable to play off that as a “theme.”

And since I lost all my pictures when my flash drive broke this summer…I have no fall pictures. I’ve definitely missed the many pictures that were only on that flash drive before now, but I feel it acutely now, since I was ready to post fallish pictures before the colors came out this year. And since we’re basically in a drought, there are no brilliant fall colors to capture this year. already for next year…

So take a peek into my pile of “leftovers” awaiting the someday-quilt…
 
 

Stay tuned for an encouraging update—Lord willing, next week. As difficult as adjusting to a new schedule can be, sometimes it is due to an answer to prayer. J

And pray for us, will you, as we go through all this? I want God to be glorified…and I know He will be, but I also personally want to be a channel for His glory. Whatever happens here has a greater purpose and I want to testify to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment