Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Black: Mystery

Mystery.

What are you doing tomorrow? What do you think you’re going to do tomorrow?  It never goes exactly as planned, we know that…and yet we still assume “that will happen” or “we’ll have time for that.”

Do not boast about tomorrow,” Proverbs 27:1 warns; “for you do not know what a day may bring.”

I had plans—a blog post that wasn’t written (it’s still floating around my brain…maybe someday :) ). A Saturday work shift that I got covered at the last minute while I took a trip to the local CVS clinic. Halfway through my antibiotic and a few naps later, I am on my way to feeling normal. None of that was planned this week.

There’s also the bigger plans—going back to school in person. I wasn’t expecting them to drop my major. I wasn’t expecting not to get the job (and the financial aid) at school. I wasn’t expecting God to change my direction.

Now I’m staying home, working the same job I’ve been at for 6 years, “digging in deep” in ministry at my church, taking classes online through Northland International University. I didn’t plan on any of that. Honestly, it doesn't look as easy or as fun as my plan. My plan looked solid and scheduled; I have no idea where God’s plan will take me.

But guess what—I also didn’t plan on the awesome summer I had. I helped out with VBS, and was able to be a part of both our church’s teen and junior camps. I didn’t plan on receiving a scholarship through work—and then after I’d registered for classes, realizing the college gave me their scholarship for online students, as well. I wasn’t planning to be so humbled and awed by the work of God, by His endless mercy and grace.

I’ve struggled with the change of plans. It was a dying to self and accepting God’s better ways.  It is a dying to self and accepting God’s better ways every day…every moment.

What does Tomorrow hold? What do a hundred Tomorrows hold?

Praise God I don’t know about tomorrow. But I praise God He knows—because His plan is far better than anything I could ever dream of. We can embrace the mystery of tomorrow because God is already there.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I ever saw the picture with this post until now--very cool!! :)

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete