This evening on the way home from work, I was listening to the new Soundforth CD, Beyond All Praising. It was the song "Be Not Afraid," based on Isaiah 43. What a blessing these words were to meditate on as I drove home!
"But now, thus says the LORD...
'Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
And through the rivers,
they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire,
you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel,
your Savior.
Since you were precious in My sight,
You have been honored,
And I have loved you.'
Thus says the LORD,
who makes a way in the sea,
And a path through the mighty waters...
Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
This people I have
formed for Myself;
They shall
declare My praise."
~various verses from Isaiah 43~
Specifically spoken to Israel, yet definitely applicable to God's children today!


No comments:
Post a Comment