Why did ThingA happen? It just seems like a waste of time. It doesn't seem like something that God used to make me trust Him more--all that it apparently did was raise my hopes only to crush them.
So it is the end, rather than the process, that I have to trust and love through.
I've also thought, What if ThingA put into motion ThingB, and without ThingA, ThingB could not have happened?
I don't know. Yet. Or maybe I never will know. But I know I can trust God, whose Word is true, and He has said that "we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). Somehow, ThingA fits into that. Whether as ThingB's catalyst or as an altar I have to die on that will make me more like Jesus (see Romans 12:1-2, Galatians 2:20, Galatians 5:22-25), God uses it. He has used it; He will use it. It is necessary for my good...and for His glory.
"Have this mind among yourselves,
which is yours in Christ Jesus, who,
though He was in the form of God,
did not count equality with God a thing
to be grasped, but made Himself nothing,
taking the form of a servant,
being born in the likeness of men.
And being found in human form,
He humbled Himself by becoming obedient
to the point of death, even death on a cross"
which is yours in Christ Jesus, who,
though He was in the form of God,
did not count equality with God a thing
to be grasped, but made Himself nothing,
taking the form of a servant,
being born in the likeness of men.
And being found in human form,
He humbled Himself by becoming obedient
to the point of death, even death on a cross"
(Philippians 2:5-8).


No comments:
Post a Comment