The Gospel reminds me first that what I actually deserve from God is a full cup churning with the torments of His wrath (Revelation 14:10 and Psalm 75:8). This is the cup that would be mine to drink if I were given what I deserve each day. With this understanding in mind, I see that to be handed a completely empty cup from God would be cause enough for infinite gratitude. If there were merely the tiniest drop of blessing contained in that otherwise empty cup, I should be blown away by the unbelievable kindness of God toward me. That God, in fact, as given me a cup that is full of "every spiritual blessing in Christ" (Psalm 116:12-13, Psalm 23:5, Ephesians 1:3), and this without the slightest admixture of wrath, leaves me truly dumbfounded with inexpressible joy.
~Milton Vincent, A Gospel Primer for Christians:
Learning to See the Gories of God's Love;
pg. 47, "Thankfulness Enriched by Relief"
Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:
Post a Comment