Alleluia means “praise God.” It’s an alternate spelling to hallelujah, “used to express praise or joy.” In my first distance learning BJU course I completed, I had to study etymologies—the origins of words. So I found this interesting: hallĕlu, pl. imper. of hillēl, to praise + Yah, God (short for Yahweh). When I ask God to “make my life an alleluia,” I am asking that my life would glorify Him. That is truly my heart’s cry, and this song resonates in my soul.
Make my life an alleluia,
a song of praise to You each day.
To proclaim Your grace and glory,
fill my heart with your praise, I pray.
When I stand at the mountaintop,
or the valley of despair,
this will be my cry,
my song, my prayer:
Lord, make my life an alleluia.
~Ruth Elaine Schram
verse 1 of "Make My Life an Alleluia"


No comments:
Post a Comment