When I graduated in May, I had vague ideas about my creative writing aspirations, about my growing interest in church planting, about the door that seemed to be opening to grad school, and about enjoying life at home for awhile.
Uphills. Downhills. A step forward, a few steps backward. Learning lessons--all over again.
A glimpse into my life since graduation…
*Family and fun and relaxation
*An awesome missions trip
*Summer birthdays
*A friend’s wedding
*A new pet :)
*A garage sale one weekend, painting the next (the reasons for my most recent lack-of-posting)
Even though life isn’t about pet fish or painting a bedroom, God is even behind the seemingly unimportant things--but I need to remember where my focus should be.
I wasn't saved so that life could be all about me. Jesus saved me so that I could be all about Him! Because I am still wrapped in finite flesh and bone, I battle Self. All the time. Over everything.
I look forward to the day that Self will be completely crucified for good--but for now I am called to daily "deny [myself] and take up [my] cross and follow [Jesus]" (Matthew 16:24). Galatians 5:24 says that "those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." Not an easy-sounding job description, but God promises strength for the battle and grace for the journey. Every moment is a new grace-and-mercy moment from God!
And once again, I am reminded to be thankful for His gifts that He sends and the work He keeps doing in my heart…
…for the precious kids at Sunday night kids' class
…for the opportunity to sing at church in a girls ensemble
…for being accepted into grad school and seeing so many little details I prayed over answered
…for a mom and a sister to study books with and learn to see a bigger picture of how God intends for us to live
…for watching Him at work in my family members’ lives
…for being allowed second chances, for His love that overflows, for His faithfulness that He bestows!
“Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen” (Jude 24 and 25).





No comments:
Post a Comment