Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

::Heaven::


It never ceases to make me cry...

Frodo's speech: "I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee...here at the end of all things."

The Aragorn-Arwen reunion.

The ship sailing away.



And I couldn't help but compare it this time ~ as much as I love Tolkein's ending (movie version, in this case at least), I thought of the ending God has for this story of Real Life. The victory over sin and death and evil, already His, will be fully realized and He will gather His people home.

I think of Frodo's excitement and relief of leaving the Shire and "sailing away," ready to be rid of the ache of the Black Riders' wound. I think of the day when my wounds--physical and emotional--will be done with. I will be with Jesus, face to face, and there will be unending joy, unmarred by sin and death. I will not be sinned against nor will I commit sin against another person. I will never have to repent of my sin again, for the power and presence of sin will both be destroyed.

That is, indeed, a day to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment