Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Monday, March 31, 2014

::Redemption::

Redemption.

I love Easter. Because of Easter, my life is changed. I am now heaven-bound, graciously forgiven, amazingly loved, saved for eternity. I am redeemed. I, who once was an enemy of God, am now a friend of God. When I was an unlovable, wretched sinner, Christ redeemed me. I am redeemed...I am a friend of God...and more than that, I am a child of God. I have been adopted with full inheritance rights!

One year, a difficult situation came up around Easter time, and I was not happy. This is supposed to be a glorious, "hallelujah" time. I should not have to deal with this.

The conviction was quick and pointed.

"What is Easter all about, Laura?"

Oh.

During Easter weekend, the Sovereign Ruler submitted Himself to the hands of His creation. The Perfect One hung between two wretched and convicted sinners. He looked with eyes of love upon those who mocked and betrayed Him.

The One who secured my eternal presence with God was separated from Him for a time. The One against whom all rebellion occurs bore my sin.

Easter is about God reconciling sinful, rebellious mankind to Himself. Easter is God graciously loving those who spit in His face. Easter is God pulling hard-hearted sinners from a miry pit with no other way out.

Because of Easter--because I have bowed in repentance of the sin that put Jesus on that cross, because I have accepted and admitted the fact that I am helpless and hopeless part from Christ's work, because I know I need a Savior and cried out for His salvation--because of Easter, I have a new heart. While I live in this body of flesh, I will still struggle. My flesh--my sin nature--will still often win. But I am no longer bound to sin, buried in that miry pit.

Because of Easter, I, too, can graciously pour love into those who have been anything but kind to me. I can live out the story of Easter to those who do not appreciate the fact that I am doing so.

Have you been redeemed? If so, what does it mean to you? Is it just a ticket to heaven? Does it just mean a friend to pray to or comfort for the asking?

Or does it mean a transformed heart and Spirit-empowered strength to live a life that honors, pleases, and glorifies God? A life that "walks worthy" is not easy...but O! the blessings that are being stored up!

No comments:

Post a Comment