Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Secret Sins


"When wishing to keep
besetting sins secret,
I must die."

 
 
"The Cross also exposes me before the eyes of other people, informing them of the depth of my depravity. If I wanted others to think highly of me, I would conceal the fact that a shameful slaughter of the perfect Son of God was required that I might be saved. ...Indeed, the most humiliating gossip that could ever be whispered about me is blared from Golgotha's hill; and my self-righteous reputation is left in ruins in the wake of it revelations. With the worst facts about me thus exposed to the view of others, I find myself feeling that I truly have nothing left to hide."
 
--The Gospel Primer, p.34
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment