On one hand, I hesitate to say I've been shattered by hardships. The hardships I've known are certainly not the worst life can hold.
But yes, I've known hardships.
I've seen plans and ideals and dreams shatter.
I've despised them.
But I'm learning not to--for whose daughter would I be if I did not experience such things? {See Hebrews 12:7-11}
As the Gospel Primer says later, "on the other side of each layer of dying lie experiences of a life with God that are far richer, far higher, and far more intimate than anything I would have otherwise known" (page 42).
Amen and amen to that. I would indeed rather have Jesus!
May I encourage you today to keep on?
For the moment all discipline
seems painful rather than pleasant,
but later it yields the peaceful fruit
of righteousness to those who have
been trained by it.
{Hebrews 12:11}


No comments:
Post a Comment