Welcome to my blog!

I hope you enjoy your visit ~ and I pray that you are encouraged to have a God-focus as you leave.

Monday, July 5, 2010

God's Gifts


“Every good gift and
every perfect gift
is from above,
and comes down from
the Father of lights,
with whom there is no
variation or shadow of turning.”
(James 1:17, NKJV)


This verse comes after the passage on the growth of sin (vv. 13-15). We are willing to trade in good gifts from God Himself for the wilting pleasure of sin that will eventually bring death. God has abundant life! Look for His gifts and let go of what the world (and self) offers.

Matthew 7:11 says, “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!” God desires to give us good things—we who fail Him so often. Praise God for His grace and love, and may that compel us to live for Him!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good thought! I'm so glad God included this verse after that passage. :)

    ReplyDelete